You can do many things to create more closeness in your relationships, from going on dates, getting better at fighting and finding ways to laugh together. The following are questions and conversations you can have with each other daily or weekly that will deepen your bond with each other.
1. What are you most looking forward to the most in the next week?
2. What are you most proud of lately?
3. What has been disappointing you lately?
4. What compliment have you received from a person other than myself in the last week?
5. If you could follow your heart right now and do one thing you otherwise wouldn’t, what would it be?
6. What home improvement projects are you looking forward to?
7. What is the most frustrating thing about your job lately?
8. What is something that happened that made you doubt yourself?
9. What is the most challenging part of your daily routine?
10. If you could make your parents understand one thing before they died, what would it be?
*These questions are adapted from Atkinson, Brent. J (2005). Emotional Intelligence in Couples Therapy: Advances from Neurobiology and the Science of Intimate Relationships. W.W. Norton & Company, New York (p. 83).